Doing the technical review was again a pleasant experience. It is interesting to see the book emerge and it is motivating to see your (hopefully) valuable comments and remarks being added to its contents. I’m looking forward to possibly publish my own one in the near future :)
So, what am I going to learn from the book?
What you’ll learn really covers most of what you’d need to successfully create and deploy your first Windows 8 application:
- Get to know the necessary toolings and predefined project templates (chapter 4)
- Learn about the most important UI controls, data binding strategies and UI design patterns (chapter 5-7)
- Authenticate your users by using Windows Live Connect (chapter 8)
- Learn how to add menus and commands (chapter 9)
- Publish and deployment on the Windows App store (chapter 10)
If you’re interested, then you might want to consult the website of the book.
This article has been re-published by