What is a browser?

Do you know the answer? I'm pretty sure (> 90% of the blog readers here have a technical background). But check out this video to get a feeling of how non-technical users view the world of browsers, search engines and the Internet.

This survey has been conducted by Google and just about 8% knew the correct answer. The other 92% have no clue of what is IE, FF or Chrome. They even mix up things like search engines and browsers. This demonstrates how difficult it is to gain market share on browser applications and is probably also one of the reasons why Internet Explorer is still the most-used browser (by non-tech people): Just because Windows is the most widely distributed Operating System and it ships Internet Explorer. For non-tech users "Internet Explorer" is "the Internet". That's why sentences like "Can someone help me, I deleted the Internet" come up :)

Kindle

Comments

0

Your ad here?