Since I've seen that more people have experienced the same problem, I decided to write a post on how you can restore your deleted bookmarks (for Windows).
- Open Firefox
- On the menu goto Bookmarks/Organize Bookmarks
- The Firefox Bookmark Manager will open. There on the menu click on File/Import
- Proceed as shown..
- Click "Next" and navigate to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<your_username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
If you shouldn't be able to locate the folders directly, just type it into the text-field as demonstrated below:
You should see a strange folder, named similar like "wu59pacm.default". Enter into that folder and then into "bookmarkbackups".
- Select the most actual file and open it.
- You should now be able to see your bookmarks.