I'm using Google Browser Sync
already for a longer time
since it is quite comfortable for synchronizing the Firefox
bookmarks between the different computers (at work, notebook, main homepc). Today morning however I couldn't believe my
eyes. When I started Firefox, the bookmarks toolbar was completely empty. The same happened also on my other PC's
Firefox. Something must have gone wrong with the synchronization and so Google Browser Sync has deleted all my
Since I've seen that more people have experienced the same problem, I decided to write a post on how
you can restore your deleted bookmarks (for Windows).
- Open Firefox
- On the menu goto Bookmarks/Organize Bookmarks
- The Firefox Bookmark Manager will open. There on the menu click on File/Import
- Proceed as shown..
- Click "Next" and navigate to the folder C:\Documents and
If you shouldn't be
able to locate the folders directly, just type it into the text-field as demonstrated below:
You should see a strange
folder, named similar like "wu59pacm.default". Enter into that folder and then into "bookmarkbackups".
- Select the most actual file and open it.
- You should now be able to see your bookmarks.
I hope I was able to help you. Otherwise leave a comment.
Questions? Thoughts? Hit me up on Twitter